Easter eggs are hidden things in the game, other than the main quest.
If you click the corners of the status bar, you can change the characters that make up the corners. In order, the corners change to '+', '*', '#', '-', ABCD, 0123 and @. For example
Original Status Bar
After clicking on one of the corners
In your candy box, if you keep throwing candies, a character will animate a story (a new frame every time you click "throw candies", complete with dialogue), he will
- Try to escape
- Dig a hole
- Find a chocolate bar
This takes a total of 1630 candies or 163 clicks.
Going beyond 1630 candies, he continues to dig a hole and find a bunch of candies and continues to eat them. This is the end of the animation.
If you click on the space below one of the trees, you can dig and find 3 chocolate bars.
In the sorceress's hut on the first row there are two books the left of the magic cakes, You will see three book in the order of M L P. that is the abbreviation for My Little Pony. Another pair of books are H2 and G2, another "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" reference. There is also a book that has GOAT spelled backwards on it, it could be a reference to the acronym GOAT, which means "Greatest of All Time". Still in the hut, there is a book with "TSN" written in, abbreviating "The Satanas Number". In the same number is there said number, 666, under the abbreviation. And in the second row before buying the first grimore it says park
In the 4th page of the brewing manual, the first paragraph says
This potion, which was invented by the well-known sorcerer Isaac, allows you to resist to the earth's gravitation force for a few seconds.
If you type:
- The usernames of the Candy Box 2 devs The Computer will display credits
- 42 The Computer will display The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.
- Yes The Computer will display No!
- No The Computer will display Yes!
- cd The Computer will display Where would you like to go anyway?
- emacs The Computer will display The best text editor ever after vim.
- help command The Computer will display No, you're not supposed to type "help command", you should type "help bug" or "help add" for example.
- lol The Computer will display Haha. That's funny
- ls The Computer will display . ..
- man The Computer will display Nah. Use help instead.
- mkdir The Computer will display Cannot create directory. No, you won't be given any precision.
- MLP The Computer will display PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES PONIES.
- mv The Computer will display What would you like to move anyway?
- nano The Computer will display Come on, do you seriously want to use this?
- pacman The Computer will display The best package manager ever.
- pwd The Computer will display /home/player
- rm The Computer will display No, you can't remove anything, sorry.
- startx The Computer will display Fatal server error: Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running
- su/sudo The Computer will display To gain root access, please use "su -". (hint : you can't type the "-")
- vim/vi The Computer will display The best text editor ever after emacs.
You can find 11 lollipops throughout the entire world. In the 5th house in The Village, there is one:
- On top of the dresser
- Right fray on the rug (third from the top)
- Left handle of the dresser
There is also one in the forge, on top of the smelter and one on the bottom shelf of the Sorceress' Hut. Finally, the candy merchant has three for sale, and the Squirrel will give you three for answering one of his questions.
If you view the source code here you get this nice message: "Hey, you're looking at the source code, cheater! ;)"
Even further, if you open up the body tag, you can see a nice piece of candy tucked away in there for you.
There is also a web address to a twitter account next to the code for the page icon.